Golden Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddfoots story

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paddfoots story Empty Paddfoots story

Post  Paddie paw Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:15 am

Here I will post the tragic event that has haunted and will haunt Paddfoot for the rest of his days.
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Paddfoots story Empty Re: Paddfoots story

Post  Paddie paw Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:04 am

Here is Paddfoots story in first person. Part one

“Look Mum, look at what I found.” I was overjoyed to bring her a small gold rock which I had found in the stream. I always look for anything shiny as it is unlike the surrounding environment of dull green or brown. I looked up in amazement when the birds flew up and out of the trees.

“That’s very nice dear. Just put it over there with the rest of the stuff.” My mother wasn’t interested. I knew this but I didn’t care. I loved to explore and any excuse was good enough for me. “Go off and play with the other cubs now. They are missing you.”

“Ok” I ran off to play with the other wolves. We liked to play rough. I wasn’t too keen on it as most of the other cubs were stronger than me. My mother said that they were stronger because they are the alphas pups and that makes them strong. However I knew that when we came to play chase I would always catch them eventually. They seem to slow down after a while and i always ask “why are you tired?” My father said that I just never run out of energy. I don’t know if that’s true but if I am good at something I’m happy.

While we were playing I was eavesdropping on the conversation the leader was having with Mum.
“Look you need to control your son. He strays too far he has absolutely no idea about subtlety and I don’t want to have to constantly fight off predators just to satisfy his need to ‘explore’!”
“There’s not much I can do, I tried to tell him not to stray too far. I’ve even held him by the scruff for hours on end. No matter how hard I try to tell him not to wander he thinks it’s a game and ignores it.”
I lost interest at this point as I was thinking “Wow that wolf is in trouble.” I pinned the alpha pup to the floor. I was overjoyed. My tail was wagging and I was laughing merrily. It was short lived, however, as I was ambushed from behind by another pup which freed him. It was all on me at that point so I decided to run off and let them chase me. They soon tired which was when I jumped back on them. The miniature melee resumed with me ending up at the bottom of the body pile.

After a while things calmed down. I sat near the den and looked at the trees.
“Have I gone in that direction before?” I wandered. At that point my inherated curiosity started to take over. I started to dash towards it but I was picked up by the scruff of my neck to hear the sounds of, “Oh no you don’t!” from my father. I was taken back into the den where he kept an eye on me.

I sat down and I waited. I knew my father well. He is a tad on the lazy side and he tends to fall asleep quite regularly. Sure enough about an hour later he fell asleep. I took this opportunity and I dashed through the trees. I found a clearing where in the middle was a strange shiny rock that was being supported by four round black things. Around it were some other shiny objects. I ran out and picked one of them up. I then ran back to the den to show my mother. On the way back, I passed one of the low ranking wolves. He looked at me slightly confused. “How did you get out here. I thought you were being kept in the den... Oh no he fell asleep.” He then went on a rant about my father. I left him and continued back on my journey to the den.

I arrived a few minutes later and I dropped the shiny object in front of Mum. “I found something else Mum.”
“Shouldn’t you be with... Oh I will kill him” My mum then looked at the object.
“Where did you get this from?”
I pointed to the trees with my muzzle.
Suddenly the guard wolf ran into the den area shouting, “We’re under attack. They followed the pup. Hide the young and fight.”
“Paddfoot what have you done?”

All the cubs including me were thrown into the den along with the old members of the pack. I could hear the sound of slaughter and death. Along with that is a sound which I called the Clap Of Death. I later learnt that this sound came from the sticks that the invaders were holding. And from this noise I could tell the enemies were the hairless bears...” We were all scared. The noises, the screams of pain and the helplessness came together and sent a shiver down my spine. I wanted to scream and cry but I was frozen to the spot. I couldn't do anything. I could hardly breathe...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 am

Whoa, tense, but nice! Great job Padfoot!
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

http://midnight-freedom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Here is part two...

I huddled in the corner with the alpha pups wolves. We were all shaking as if the temperature had dramatically dropped. We could hear the screams of pain of wolves that fell to the The Clap of Death. At this moment realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. My eyes widened and I began to scream. “Its my fault... I didn’t want this to happen.” I broke down in the corner. The others looked at me while I was crying hysterically. I felt the heavy burden of guilt that I’d have to carry for the rest of my life. At this point my comfortable happy life had ended.

After fifteen torturous minutes the sounds of battle died down. It was followed by successive howling. The other cubs and the elders cheered and ran out of the cave. I, however, could see that swift retribution was at hand. I clawed at the cave wall hoping to find a small crack which I could squeeze through. In my fit of hysterical panic I couldn’t find any. I was picked up by the scruff of my neck. My body was paralysed and i knew what was coming to me.

The leader was the wolf that had picked me up. “Look what you have done.” He showed me around the battlefield. Three humans laid there dead along with ten wolves.
“You are responsible for the deaths that you can see before you.”
I burst out crying, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!!”
“Pathetic”
He threw me to the ground and the pack gathered around me. The leader entered the ring.
“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t kill you now.”
I didn’t know what to say. I laid on the floor in tears and repeated over and over again, “I’m sorry”
“You have disgraced the pack, a crime not even punishable by death. For this I sentence you to banishment from the pack, where you will not last a week in the harsh reality of the wilderness.”
The crowd of wolves started murmering, "Banishment? at his age?", "Is that fair?" Some of the wolves seemed against it but others seemed happy to see me go.
My eyes widened. “You can’t.... I need you!”
The leader smiled, “then it is a fitting punishment.”
My mother barged her way into the ring, “You can’t... he’s a pup. He didn’t do it deliberately.”
“Quiet! I have decided. Nothing can change it. Oppose this and you oppose me. If that happens you will die!”
I was picked up again and taken to the outskirts of the territory.

I turned to my parents.
"Mother, father you can't let this happen!"
"Its too late son, your a danger to the pack we... we can't keep you any longer" Father turned his back on Paddfoot.
"Mother!... mother?" Paddfoot's head dropped low as he stood and watched them turn their back on him.
".... mother" Paddfoot watched them walk into the undergrowth.
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Omygosh I held back tears on part two... poor Paddfoot. How many more parts are there? That was so good, Keep up the good work. "Oppose the pack and you oppose me!" Wow thats harsh.
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

http://realmofhope.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:14 am

Here is part three...

“No... Mother! Father! Please... don’t leave!!” I howled in desperation, tears streaming down my eyes. When no reply came I dropped his head.
“I’m sorry...”
I sighed and continued to cry. His head was spinning.
I’m on my own I thought. I looked around and saw nothing. I had been picking up odd smells with my nose recently. They were teaching me how to track animals. I followed the familiar scent of the pack. It took me back to the den.
Before I entered I heard my parents arguing with the leader.
“ You can’t just banish him. He’s just a pup.”
“I should of killed him in front of you but as he was a pup I gave him another chance to live isn’t that what you wanted?”
“I wanted him to be punished. Not killed!” A lot of the wolves around them agreed with her.
“He’s more trouble than he’s worth... all he’s done is put this pack in danger.” The leaders close followers agreed with him.
“How dare you”” His father lashed out and pinned the leader to the ground. “I am taking charge!”
The leader spat at my father and used this to roll out of his embrace. I watched with horror as the leader grabbed my father by the neck.
“Submit or Die!”
My father hesitantly lowered himself to the ground. He had a tear in his eye. “I’m sorry Paddfoot I’ve failed you.” The other wolves however looked ready to fight.

I ran out crying frantically. “Please take me back.”
The leader got up and grabbed me by my neck. The pain was excruciating and I couldn’t break free.
“Leave... If I ever see you again I will kill you with pleasure.” He smiled at my mother as he threw me away from the den. I crawled away from the leader as he approached me again.
“Yes that’s it little wolf get out. From now on you are to be considered a hostile.” He turned to the crowd of wolves. “You hear that... kill this wolf on sight!” My eyes widened. “I’ll count to three and expect to see only my pack members... one”
I started crying and ran out of the den in any direction.

The last thing I heard from my mother was, “You are evil...”

I ran into the forest. I had no direction to go. After an hour of running down the mountain I had stopped crying. There was no point anymore. The only way I was going to survive was to not draw any attention to myself. After a while I stopped and rested under a large tree which I decided would be my new pack den. The ground had been worn away underneath it and a gap large enough for me to squeeze into had been uncovered.

While lying under it I realised I needed to find food. I ran out of the den and looked in the local area. I found a hare grazing in the distance. I had never hunted before but I had stalked the other cubs. I tried the same tactic on the hare. I managed to get close to it in the long grass. That was an advantage of being small. I ran and leapt on it as it saw me and fled. I caught it by its leg and it struggled frantically. I held on to its leg while it thrashed and kicked me in the head numerous times. It tired quickly and I had to work out how to kill it. I knew to bite the neck but I was weak due to the excess stress and lack of ability. It took fifteen minutes to suffocate the hare. I dragged it back to my den and I ate it quickly.
My father would have been so proud. I started crying again. I missed my pack so much. At least I don’t have to share my kill. I forced myself to smile at my thought but I didn’t feel like smiling. I felt alone and unloved. I stayed under the tree as I felt safe there. It was small and compact and I felt like I was back in the den next to my father. I eventually fell into a disturbed sleep where I relived the event in my dreams...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 am

aww poor paddfoot.. at least he has a 'pack den'!
"At least I don’t have to share my kill." I smiled at that.
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:06 am

aww poor Paddie! (told u i would read it!) its a cute story, but i cant keep from going teary-eyed either! i give it a 10/10
Reika
Reika
Admin

http://tbonecreek.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:07 am

o_0 wow thanks!
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 am

heres part four...

I spent the next few nights in my den. I had a lot of hare and it was lasting me quite well. I spent the nights re-living the nightmare.
“Mother...Father, I’ve failed you...”
I looked up and around to see If I was safe. I hesitantly left my den in search of a stream. I looked around the den but I couldn’t find anything. I went out into the undergrowth in search of a stream. I passed many trees and saw a bird fly out of my way. However I couldn’t hear the sound of running water. After an hour of searching I returned to my base camp deflated.
“This is it... I’m going to die.” I dropped my head and looked at my paws. “This is no good... I’m going to have to move further down the mountain.”
I walked out of my den and walked down a gentle decline in the forest. After a few minutes the trees started to space out. I carried on walking into an unusually bright area. The sponginess of the earth turned to solid rock. The sun glared down at me as I walked into it, dazed by the light.
“I’ve never been outside of the forest before.”I stopped and looked straight ahead of me. Standing before me was a large drop down the mountain to the valley plains below. In the distance I could see a small lake.
I stood, amazed at the view that was presented before me. I could see more forest in the distance but between me, the lake and the forest was a mass of open space. I could see an elk herd grazing in the plains and even further some square blocks where I later found out was where the hairless bears lived.

I looked in awe at the scenery. The sun however made my throat and mouth dry.
“I need a drink..” I looked down the slope and I gradually made my way towards it. I slowly jumped down onto a lower rock and again onto a level piece of land. I padded onto another rock where I was able to walk down a steep path. This path ended quickly so I jumped onto a lower rock and eventually leaped onto another one. On this rock I slipped and I screamed in shock. Luckily I ended up on the rock on my stomach. After a while, and after a quick pause to recover myself, I had carved my path to the bottom of the drop. I looked back and saw the distance I had managed to crawl down. With my heart pounding from the descent I walked to the stream.

After a half hour run I arrived at the lake. I dived into the water, a welcome break from having the sun beat down on my back. I shook my fur when I left the water. I stood at the side and I drank as much as I could. At this point I had cheered up. I felt refreshed and reinvigorated. My energy returned to me and for the first time after the incident I smiled. I splashed and played in the water unaware that I was being watched.

Suddenly I was knocked into the air and I fell onto the floor and landed on a rock. I gasped for air from the shock. I was winded and I bruised my leg. I looked around and saw a large male walking up to me. The male leapt on me and pinned me to the ground.
"Don't squirm kid it'll make you die slower..."
I saw the glint of the male’s teeth which was heading towards my neck.
"No... don't kill me"
"You entered the wrong wolfs territory."
Suddenly I heard a voice from the background
"Don't go another inch towards that pup!"
Before blacking out I saw the mysterious dog jump on the one pinning me.
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:20 am

oooh cliffhanger!! I can't wait to see more of that mysterious dog!
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:43 am

Here is the fifth and final part...

I woke up in a strange new area. I yelped as I tried to get up. The blow from the male wolf had cut into me deep. I expected my fur to have caked on blood attached to it but it was remarkably clean. “Either I didn’t bleed or someone cleaned me...”.

I got up and explored the new area. I picked up fresh scents of a familiar wolf,“It... it was Stonepaw.” Stonepaw was a close friend to my mother. She was also a high ranking member of the pack and an extremely powerful individual. My face lit up... “They still care about me!” Tears started to form in my eyes while I smiled and wagged my tail. I looked around expecting her to walk into view but I was on my own. My tail wagging became less furious until it came to a stop. “Is she here?”. I laid back on the ground and rested my head on my paws. I was starting to lose hope but after an hour she had returned with an elk calf. I ran up to her and cuddled her.
“Stonepaw! Your here! I missed you lots!”
Stonepaw smiled. She had a thick grey coat which was the basis for her name. “I missed you too little one. I’m so glad I found you in time. You know you are actually quite hard to keep up with? Anyway...Your mother sent me on a mission to protect you. She is needed to spearhead the attack against the leader. We’re going to do to him what he did to you. Once we’ve taken control I will take you back to the pack.”
I smiled and wagged my tail. It was a long time since I last interacted with a friendly wolf.
“So I am going back?!”
“Yes my dear.”
I jumped and howled in joy. “I’m finally returning home.”
We spent the next hour chewing on the elk carcass.
Stonepaw looked up at me, “We will have to wait here for a few days. They will send a wolf after us when everything has gone to plan.”
As she said we waited here for a few days. However no messenger came. Stonepaw looked up in the direction in the den, “Its not going to plan... No matter a wolf will come. It’s just going to take longer than we first thought. No matter... I know what we need to do... I need to teach you how to hunt.”

The next few weeks were spent with Stonepaw in the meadow chasing elk. I watched her as she stalked the elk. I noticed the shape of her body as she stalked. Everything was low apart from her tail which was horizontal. She kept most of her weight on her back legs so she could launch herself more effectively. When the chase was on she ran beside it momentarily so she could either bite its neck or go for the rear legs. After a while I started to learn the tricks and Ivrought down my first elk calf. I looked from my kill to Stonepaw. “I did it!”
“Well done, you learnt quickly. No wonder you managed to survive before I arrived.”
I sniffed the air. “Can you smell something?”
Stonepaw sniffed, “yes... its the leader but how?”
The leader stepped out from the undergrowth. “ Here you are... and such a nice place to die.”
The leaders followers revealed themselves.
Stonepaw walked infront of me, “My mission is to protect this pup and I will not fail.”
“Oh really? Have fun with that. Kill her!”
The wolves charged at Stonepaw. “Paddfoot run!!”
I ran just as I saw them bring her down. I started crying again. I heard to her screams of pain as they tore her to shreds. I ran and I ran only to be confronted by a large tree. I looked around for a place to hide in but I couldn’t. I scratched at the tough bark frantically trying to get in. I was screaming from my fear and from what I have heard. I turned around to see that I was surrounded. I looked in horror, slightly blinded from the tears that have been brushed onto my eyes. Without warning I darted at one of the males to the left of me. I dodged his attack and ran off. They pursued me relentlessly. I tried to use my size and squeeze through small objects but they found other ways around. I ran through the forest dodging trees, jumping over rocks and hopping over fallen logs but nothing could stop the pursuers. After a few more minutes of frantic running a few of the pursuers dropped out of the chase exhausted. I skidded to a halt when I realised I was running off a small cliff into a raging stream.

As I stopped the leader came out of the undergrowth. As I turned I saw him lunge at me. I jumped out of the way but he caught me by my leg. He bit down hard crushing it. I howled in pain as the other wolves smiled as they panted. My other legs slipped on loose rocks. He let go of me for fear of falling into the stream. I fell and I hit the cold water. The force took me under the water and I cracked my head on a rock. Dazed, I tried to stay afloat but I couldn’t kick with my leg. Water entered my mouth. I coughed it up. I struggled to breathe. My other leg was tiring. Suddenly I hit a rock underneath the water’s surface which drew me under. I panicked as I swallowed large amounts of water. I kicked hard with my three remaining legs which brought me back up to the surface. I gasped for air. My shattered leg hit a rock. I howled in pain and drew in more water. I choked slightly. The stream widened and the pace of the stream slowed down slightly. I kicked hard to stay above the water. I floated down the stream and I found myself going down a small waterway. The current dropped and I found my feet on solid ground. I crawled out of the river and coughed up all the water. I looked around me I was still dazed from the fall. I followed my feet, I was in a state beyond crying or mourning. I just continued to walk in a direction. I came into a clearing and I saw two wolves hanging around. I looked at them and fell to the ground. I tried to roll on my back but my leg hurt me too much. I watched them approach me and judge me. I closed my eyes, certain I was going to die...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:46 am

Thanks for reading. I had fun writing it. If you are wandering the end of this story ties up wit the role play. I think its page 6 on the first pack roleplay. (that is how I joined the pack). Have fun and keep an eye on this thread because I'm not out of ideas yet...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:12 am

Wow! Nice story Paddie!
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:29 am

Aww its done Crying or Very sad You should make a sequel, Paddie!
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:05 am

its over already? ACK! My stories arent even that short!! XD oh well, cliffhangers are awesome. Yes, Make teh sequal buddeh! -hugs-
Reika
Reika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:30 am

I can't write long stories... there are two main reasons why.
A= my style of writing means I'm concise and to the point. Which means I struggle to Pad things out.
B= I lose interest very quickly so If I don't keep stuff short I don't finish at all. and thats always very bad...

Next time i'll try harder.
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:54 am

Ima write meh story later..... anyways, can i make a vid about your story on here?
Reika
Reika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 am

Paddie paw wrote:I can't write long stories... there are two main reasons why.
A= my style of writing means I'm concise and to the point. Which means I struggle to Pad things out.
B= I lose interest very quickly so If I don't keep stuff short I don't finish at all. and thats always very bad...

Next time i'll try harder.

I lose interest all the time when I try and write a long sotry to!! xD But yeah shame to see it ended though.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Heres the first part to my next story... At the vets =)

I saw the needle the doctor was holding. My body stiffened, I knew what was coming next. He picked up a pipe and stuck the needle inside. I looked at my cage to find a way out but I couldn’t see one. In a panic I tried to get up so I could try to scare him but I remembered I couldn’t move my back legs. I could see I was beaten and I laid on the ground and waited for the sting and then the sleepy sensation.
“Calm down boy... This won’t hurt.” The vet fired the dart into me. I hardly felt it over the pain in my legs but I recognised it had happened when I felt drowsy. I tried to resist it but the urge to sleep was too strong...

Vets POV

“That’s a good boy, just rest it off we’ll do the rest.” I waited for the wolf to sleep. I caught a glimpse of his hind legs and I could actually see the fractures through the skin.
“What a mess. Well let’s get you off to X-ray” I whistled for help. “I need some help here. Try not to move the legs and get him on this trolley. A young girl I had just hired named Jess walked over and offered to help. “Quick hold his head, I’ll take the legs.” I gestured to her to take hold. Yes that’s it hold it like that. I showed her how to safely cradle his head. I took the legs and together we placed the wolf on the trolley.
The girl asked, “Where did he come from?”
I replied, “Two research biologists are tracking him.” I pointed to the collar, “They said that they found him crippled after a large wolf fight they were documenting occurred. They say his pack was outnumbered 20 – 5 and they won. Amazing. Apparently though this wolf went down quickly but spectacularly. They hadn’t seen a wolf fight like him before so they want him alive so they can document him further.”
“Thanks for the help.” And with that I took him off to the X-ray room. I whistled for help again and me and Jess placed the wolf on a large white table. “Thanks again. You might aswell stay with me I’m only going to need you again.” She looked up at me, “Thanks, this wolf is kinda cute If you don’t look at his injuries.”
“I guess you could say that.” I laughed at her as she stared at him. “Don’t worry we will make him better. Now go and put on a lead jacket. I rearranged the wolf under the X-ray emitter so the legs were there. I then took the remote control and hid behind the wall. I pressed the button on the wall to change the sign outside to ‘X-ray in progress’. I then shouted, “Clear” and I pressed the button.

“Ok back to the wolf.”
I walked over to the computer and clicked the print button. I picked up and shook the picture of the X-ray. I placed it on a light up board and examined it thoroughly.
A few minutes later I called Jess over.
“Jess one thing about being a vet is to learn how to interpret X-rays. What do you see?”
Jess examined the x-ray. “Oh no his Tibias are shattered”
“Your right but look closer”
“Ummm... it’s a mess”
“Indeed it is but its fixable... look at his joints.”
“They...they are fine”
“That means we don’t have to put this poor thing down” I smiled at her. She looked so relieved at the news. “I’m guessing you haven’t put a patient down then?” She looked at me and shook her head, “No I haven’t”
“Well If you can do that and still want to come into work the next day then in my book you will be a fully qualified vet in no time. But for now count yourself lucky because it doesn’t get any easier. Ok help me get him back in the cage and can you also book the surgery for tomorrow we had a cancellation. The kitty’s mysterious illness turned out to be a rather large furball it struggled to expel.”
Me and Jess placed the wolf back on the trolley and eventually back into the cage. We watched him sleep for a while. I was making sure the anaesthetic reverser was working and Jess just seemed to want to hug it. I sighed,
she’s so naive now, You can’t form a bond with the patients... I’ll have to let her be she needs to learn like every other vet does.
Eventually the wolf started to twitch and wake up.
“Welcome back... you’ll be back home soon I promise.”
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

I love sneak-peeks! im so glad Paddfoot is alive ^.^ only i kindof feel alittle sad for Jess...
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Part two of vets story.

I woke up in the cage.
I wonder what they did that for?
I looked up and around and saw that nothing had changed. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep but I wasn’t tired. I kept on trying when I heard footsteps and I smelt the unmistakable scent of human. I looked up
They’re back and coming for me
I kept one eye open but I knew I wouldn’t be able to do anything. I saw the tall man pass but the smaller girl stopped and looked at me.

Jess’s POV

“Look he’s awake” I was excited by the determination this wolf posseses. He shouldn’t be awake for another half hour according to the drugs we gave him.
“It’s alright little fella, we’re going to make you better. Oo I bet your hungry let me get you some food.”
The vet heard me and butted in.
“ No your not... do you remember why?”
My heart sank a little bit.
“Yes... because he is being operated on this afternoon.”
I followed the vet who was examining a small puppy to see why he was constipated.
He said to me, “Jess touch here.” He pointed at the belly of the pup. “I touched and examined the pup, “There is a large object in there obstructing his digestive tract”
“Excellent, I swear you’re getting better at this every day. That final exam of yours will be easy at this rate. Ok let’s take this puppy to the operating theatre.”
I followed the vet into the operating theatre and and I put the gas mask over his muzzle. Soon the pup fell asleep and the vet got to work removing the obstruction.

After a while the surgery was done. The vet while checking the puppies vital signs looked up to me. “Now it’s time for the surgery you’ve been dreading.”
“How did you know I’m drea...”
“It’s obvious, You became attached to that wolf ever since those biologists brought him in.”
“I just think that he doesn’t deserve to die.”
“No animal deserves to die but unfortunately they do.”
“Are you saying this wolf could die?!”
“I’m afraid so, he’s very weak and I’m concerned he might not be able to shake off the anaesthetic.”
“Don’t say that!” My heart sank even further. I looked at the vet and saw he wasn’t joking. A tear welled up in my eye.
“This is why you can’t form bonds with patients... It could leave you heartbroken.”
I nodded. We walked back to the cage.
“I need the toilet” I said as I didn’t want to see the vet drug the wolf with more anaesthetic.
I returned and I tearily carried the wolf to the trolley and eventually onto the operating table...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Part three. (Sorry part two was short, it was early in the morning and I was tired)

Vets POV

To help Jess with her final exam I had agreed to write notes on everything I did. Personally I didn’t mind. It seemed to help with my organisation as I had to make time to do it. It also meant I could sit down and drink some coffee every once in a while. After dunking a biscuit into my coffee and eating it I continued to write notes.

“... The operation was long and tough. It involved cutting open his legs with a heated blade scalpel and realigning each bit of fractured bone into its original position. Once I was sure they were in the right place I encased the bones in a large metal sheet to make sure the bone stayed in place. I then stitched up the incision using metal wire and encased that in lots of bandaging to prevent infection. I placed a cone on the wolf to prevent him chewing it off. I will now leave the wolf in peace for a week before doing more surgery. This will involve cutting open the leg and removing the metal sheet. I will then place a metal support next to the bone and secure each fractured bit of bone to this support. This should give the wolf freedom to move his legs again...”

Jess wandered into my office. She said in her usual quiet tone, “Ms. Harrow wants to speak with you about her puppy.”
“Ahh good timing. I just finished writing notes about the wolf.” I walked over to Ms. Harrow who was waiting for me at reception. I approached her, “How is your little puppy today then?”
“He’s much better” she replied, “Thank you”
“No problem Ms. Harrow, but the person you must thank is Jess, she diagnosed the problem.” I winked at her. She smiled back hesitantly and then back out of reception area.
I turned back to Ms. Harrow, “Your pet insurance has covered you for the operation so financially there is no problem. Just remember to not over exercise him. We don’t want the stitches to reopen. But apart from that you can treat him like normal.”
“That’s fine then” she replied. She walked out of the building. I called over to Jess, “ Do you want to see if the wolf is awake?”
“I’m already there and yes he is awake.” She screamed back excitedly.
“Well that’s brilliant.”

Paddfoots POV

I was staring at the girl who seemed to be transfixed by me. It was off-putting...almost scary. I looked at this girl and I read her body language. She didn’t want to harm me, yet she was still looking at me. Confused by what was happening before me I growled at her. She backed off as If she was scared of me. I heard the tall man say, “You can go get him some meat If you like.” But I didn’t understand what he was saying. The girl then nodded and walked off.
Finally some peace
I rested my head on the floor of the cage and tried to get some sleep. However the girl returned with some meat. I looked at her curiously as she opened the cage slightly and threw the meat into the cage.
What is she doing? I thought as I pulled the meat towards me with my front paw. After wondering for a while if she did something to the meat I devoured it. I felt slightly stronger after having some food and I felt ready to try my legs. They felt different and very sore. I tried to stand up but I realised I couldn’t bend the joints. I tried to look to see what was happening but I couldn’t see past the cone attached to my neck. I tried again and I finally managed to stand up. I looked at the girl and she jumped up and down with glee. She then hugged the tall man while saying, “You did it, you did it.” I looked at her again.
She seems very happy to see me get up...
I was then lost on a trail of thoughts about why she would care and how she seemed to be different to all other humans...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 pm

omg awesome! Im sorry i didnt read it before xD (like, earlier when you put on the first part of book 2 or whatever xD)
Reika
Reika
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 pm

part 4... here we go...

I spent the next day watching this girl. She occasionally gave me a slice of meat which I ate gratefully. I felt so weak and powerless but she seemed to want to help me feel strong. I tried numerous times to get up but my rear legs felt like poles. They were also extremely heavy.
Its all that man’s fault
I growled and barked at him every time he came near me. But I fell silent when I saw the girl. I didn’t know how to react. The man turned to the girl, “It looks like you have a new friend.” I looked at the man and growled at him
Get away from me! I know what you want to do to me!
I hadn’t worked out that the vet was the one fixing me. All I saw him do was drug and fix straps around my mouth.
I stood up eventually and continued to growl. I upset some of the other animals in cages around me and soon there was a riot in noise. The man walked off and returned with the straps. He then tied my mouth shut using some long metal implements and he attached a choke chain to me.
“Looks like I need to move you to a more secluded area. You’re scaring the other patients.”
He untied me in a slightly larger cage in a very dark room. He walked off and I barked after him. The girl then walked over me and once again I fell silent...

Jess’s POV

I walked into the basement where we had put the wolf. We used this area for noisy animals like him so they wouldn’t scare the other animals. I was slightly put off by the way the wolf would just stop what he was doing and just stare at me. I had a feeling he wanted to know more about me but I could only communicate through food.
“Maybe this is the beginning of a bond...” I looked at him as he slowly got up. He looked like he was in pain slightly. He had a slightly goofy expression on his face that made me giggle. I then couldn’t bare watching him stay standing after his little walk. I said, “Sit” casually not really expecting a response but to my amazement he sat. “What? How would you know? I knew it... I knew there was something different about you boy!” I ran off and told the vet what happened.
He replied, “What? That’s impossible! he’s wild. What have those biologists been doing? I believe you but I need you to record it on this camera so we have evidence.” He then went off on a rant about the biologists and how taming wild animals is ‘immoral and dangerous’. It was the first time I saw his passion for animals ignite inside him like a large fireball. I was so used to the ’I will do my best but If it happens it happens’ attitude.

I went back down to the wolf. He stood up as If greeting me.
“hey boy... sit.”
He sat down carefully making sure to put his legs somewhere comfortable.
“Lie down”
He the rested his head on the floor.
“close enough. Ummm roll over”
The wolf looked at her curiously. He didn’t move.
“Ok you don’t know that much then.” I stopped the recording and ran back up to the vet. He looked at me. You could tell he was furious.
“The immoral idiots. How could you sell the wolf collar frequency to the guard dog company. We all know of their exotic animal training program! The research science institute wolf sector needed the extra funds, they said. Its diabolical! At least when on the news a group of dogs escaped from their facility this wolf must of been one of them. Have you got the recording?”
I replied, “Yes I have”
“Good at least If the biologists try anything again we can show this to the animal welfare society. They would be out of a job faster than a rocket propelled cheetah with a bad attitude...”
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next