Golden Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight's story

5 posters

Go down

Midnight's story Empty Midnight's story

Post  Midnight Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:31 am

Midnight’s past.
I opened my eyes and saw the sun streaking in and shining on me. My mother was looking down at me a smile on her face. I looked around and saw the inside of the cave that I lived in. It was early summer. I was five months old. The cave was always quiet. That was because I had no siblings. They were all dead at birth. It was only me and my mom and of course the others in the pack. My mom was alpha female my father had been alpha male until he died. I heard the yawn of another wolf. I stood up and stretched with a yawn. The day was new and I wanted to explore. I left the cave and looked around the forest. A few birds were chirping in a tree that was close the cave. I knew there was a field very close to here. The deer often grazed there so that’s where I would go. I trotted to the edge of the forest and peered over the tall grass. There was a small herd of deer grazing. There was no breeze this morning and nothing to indicate danger. I sat there watching the deer graze. It wasn’t time to hunt yet. And besides that I didn’t get to do much when we did hunt. My mother came up and sat next to me.
“It’s a nice morning.” She said simply. I only nodded. Another wolf who had just recently joined our pack came over and laid down a foot or two from us.
“So what are you two doing?” He asked with a yawn. He was chased out of his old pack for reasons he wouldn’t tell us. I didn’t trust him but my mother just said that until he gives her reason not to she will trust him.
“We’re just sitting.” I said almost coldly. His coat was a dizzying white color. My mom’s coat was dark red. My coat was black. As black as the forest at midnight. I had yet to earn my name but I knew that I would get it soon. In our pack you earned your name by something amazing that you did. My mom’s name was Guardian because she had guarded the younger members of her pack from humans. I suddenly heard a shot crack. The birds flew in the air and dogs barking could be heard. The deer herd started running towards us. I looked up to see a hoof coming towards me. I ran into the tall grass and closed my eyes as the blades of grass scratched my face. I tripped over something and hit the ground. I opened my eyes to see a dead deer body under my feet. Then the human’s dogs came into view. I yelped and tried to run. Before I could get away from the dead deer a human picked me up by my scruff.
“Look at this we have a new animal to train.” The one that picked me up said. My mother jumped into view growling. Without hesitation one of the humans shot her. I closed my eyes.
Midnight
Midnight
Pup

Back to top Go down

Midnight's story Empty Re: Midnight's story

Post  Sparrow Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:31 am

Nice job Midnight!
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

http://midnight-freedom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralf Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 am

cool story
Ralf
Ralf
Pup

http://dogsgonewild.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 am

Thanks I'll add more later as Midnight has a pretty long experience with humans.
Midnight
Midnight
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinhan Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Good job! Hope you write more soon.

Shinhan
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Chapter two
I looked out of the cage. It had been several months since I was captured, I was now a year old. I served as a warrior now. Fighting whatever else they put in the arena with me. I laid down in the small crate and listened to the train passing over the rails. I had a large cut on my leg from my last fight and bruises on me from my owner. I tried one too many times a day to escape. I wasn’t made for being kept locked up, I wanted to run free to feel the air pass by me. That was all I wanted, freedom, all it would take to get it was the ability to get free of my captor. I sighed and licked my wounds. A human passed by my cage. He sat on it not knowing what was contained inside the crate. I sat up silently and watched as he took out a sandwich. I whimpered quietly. The human jumped and stood up. He looked between the pieces of wood that made up the crate.
“Hey there guy you hungry?” He asked kindly. I rolled my eyes at him calling me a guy but pawed the wood playfully hoping he would give me something to eat. He smiled and slipped the sandwich into the cage. I began eating it as soon as it hit the floor.
“A beautiful creature like you shouldn’t be kept locked up like this.” He said putting his hand on the lock of the cage. I sideway glanced at him. He looked around the cabin of the train.
“At the next stop why don’t you and me run off and hide. I’m running away from the law as it is so why not take you with me? Though you have to promise not to eat me when I let you out.” He said looking into my eyes. I nodded hoping he would understand that I promised. I didn’t understand what he meant by running from the law but he seemed a nice guy so what did it matter. He sat next to the crate talking to me the whole three hours until the train stopped. When the train did stop he crouched down with his hand on the lock.
“As soon as they open the door I’m going to let you out then we have to make a break for it.” He said as he unlocked the cage. He then held it closed. I walked as close to the door of my cage as I could, the rough wood rubbed against my fur as waited for my chance of freedom. The door to the train opened and the man opened my cage. I jumped out growling. The people who had opened the train had fear written all over their face. I bore my teeth to scare them more. I then started to run towards them and they ran out of the train screaming. I jumped down from the train and waited for my human companion to come. He jumped down next to me slight fear in his eyes, but how could you blame him he was standing next to an animal that could kill him in less than a minute. I started running towards the trees in front of us. I knew I would be hidden in them because of my coat, and the fact that it was night. No lights streamed into the forest. I jumped threw a bush and landed under the cover of trees. The human followed me though he tripped over the bush and landed on his face. I heard voices coming from behind us. I turned around to see small flickers of fire.
“We got to get moving boy before they find us.” The human said standing up. I would never get used to him calling me a boy when I was a girl but there was nothing I could do about it. I started running deeper into the forest. The humans chasing us were not fast enough to keep up with me. But then neither was the man who had saved me. I turned around and ran back to him. He was keeping up with me really well for a human but not well enough. We would have to hide if we didn’t want to be caught. I ran to the side of us. I kept funning until I found a small cave that would just barely fit the two of us. I ran back to where the human was. We was trying to follow me but he couldn’t smell where the rabbit holes where or where the trees were for him not to run into. I bit his clothes and gently pulled him towards the cave. He looked at the cave and realized what I was trying to do. He climbed in side and pushed himself up next to the wall. I curled up as close to him as I could. But a leg and my tail were still outside the cave. But I figured my coat color would keep them from seeing me. I could hear the humans coming our way. They walked right passed us with no incidence, except for the one human that almost stepped on my tail.
Midnight
Midnight
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:47 pm

Ooh I love hangers!! "We got to get moving boy before they find us." lol thats funny!
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

http://realmofhope.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:52 pm

yeah especially since Midnights a girl she's going to get so mad at him lol
Midnight
Midnight
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:01 am

i have a question: how did Midnight get her name? I know why her name is 'midnight' just who gave it to her? 'cause she didn't earn her name yet...
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

http://realmofhope.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm planning on her new human friend to give it to her
Midnight
Midnight
Pup

Back to top Go down