Golden Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddfoots story

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paddfoots story - Page 2 Empty Re: Paddfoots story

Post  Ayla Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:27 am

Very cool idea Its great!
Ayla
Ayla
Pup

http://wolfeyes108.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 am

I love how it starts off in Paddfoot's POV then switches to Jess's or the vet's. Very nice, keep up the good work. cherry
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

http://realmofhope.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Part 5

I woke up suddenly when the lights of the room switched on. I had lost all track of time but It felt like I had spent an eternity in this cage. I was craving for extra space. I needed to move but my cage and my body wouldn’t let me. I spent a large period of time trying to convince myself that the walls to the cage weren’t getting smaller but I couldn’t from the corner of my eyes I could see them creeping towards me but as I went to look at them, they returned to the original spot.
You see... its all in my head
I picked my self up and walked in the only way my legs would let me to the cage door.
I need to get out I can’t take it
I started banging my head against the cage door. I knew it wouldn’t work as I have tried it in other cages but I continued in the hope that I could bang the insanity out of my head.
The door opened and the girl walked down the stairs. She saw me and what I was doing to myself and she ran to my cage in a state of panic.

Jess’s POV

“What are you doing you poor thing? You’re going to give yourself head trauma! Oh I see... you want to get out, I’m sorry boy but you’re still not healthy and you have another operation today but one that should give you full use of your legs back.”
I had spent much time with the wolf over the week and he never seemed aggressive to me. I looked at him and he whined back at me.
“I’m sorry boy it’s the day of your operation, I can’t feed you today.”
He gave me the puppy dog expression and my heart melted.
“You’re soo cute for a wolf, and I think you know that too!”
I poked my fingers through the cage and patted his back. I realised he would let me do this yesterday as I usually petted him when his back was turned to the cage as he couldn’t turn very quickly at all but one day I didn’t realise that he had already turned before a petted him. Just like this time, he didn’t react to it.
“He must be starved of attention the poor thing” I said to myself. After that event I realised that I had formed a bond to a being that could tear me apart in seconds.

I looked at the wolf again, he returned to banging his head on the metal bars. I started to worry and I ran to the vet.
“Steve... come quick the wolf is going crazy!”
I took the vet back down to the basement and he saw how the wolf was behaving.
“You might want to remember it for the exam, this wolf is used to walking about 10 kilometres a day. We have kept it in a cage no bigger than a metre in width. He’s going insane as it looks like some form of claustrophobia has set in. It looks horrible but it’s easy to treat. Just take him to a pen outside and he’ll be fine...”
The vet thought for a second, on second thoughts let’s get his operation done early. Go switch his slot with Mr Allen’s dog. Oh by the way don’t mention this... its breaking all the procedures.”
I nodded at him and I ran off and I picked up the operation register book. I found the slots and I put two arrows to show that they had been swapped. Meanwhile the vet finished getting into his white overalls and he set about darting the wolf.

I stayed outside as I heard the yelp of the wolf followed by its growling. I couldn’t bear watching him fall to the ground again. I was comforted by the vet as he passed me with the wolf on his trolley.
“Don’t worry, he’s much stronger now. I’m certain that this wolf will pull through the anaesthetic”
I knew that the wolf was fine. He seemed to shake off the drugs well but I couldn’t crush the niggling doubt in the back of my mind.
“What If he doesn’t make it?” I thought to myself as we carted him to the operating theatre.
I went and put on my white overalls and I tied my hair back as I was helping the vet with operations today...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:18 pm

im loving it so far Paddie! Its soooo cool! plz write more!
Reika
Reika
Admin

http://tbonecreek.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 am

Ooh I hope Paddfoot survives!
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Here is part 6 (Could be end or I could do part 7 depends how I feel)

I woke up in a much larger cage. My nose tingled with new and different scents which made me look up and at my new surroundings. I felt the invigorating feel of grass beneath my paws. I looked up and saw the sky and I was overwhelmed by it. It felt like a lifetime where I was stuck in a place with few scents, not much to look at and darkness. I hadn’t seen the sun for so long and I was so pleased to see it again. I picked up a scent of a hare and I watched it darting around in the garden infront of me.

I got up and walked to see If there was a way out. It was then my legs started to ache and I remembered they had been messed with but... It felt different. Then I realised I could move them again. I got up and ran around the cage barking excitedly. Yes it hurt but not as much as it did and I could take the pain. I picked up the scent of the girl and I turned to look at her. I walked over to the side of the cage and pressed my body against it. She put her hand there and petted me while I panted. She looked at me and said, “Wow your lively today. You must of slept off every single bit of anaesthetic.”
I looked at her and howled. I then returned to pacing around the cage, happy to be able to move again. I stuck my nose in the air and sniffed. I detected a few more scents but mainly of the man who was holding something that I could also smell.
“I think he can smell your lunch. Yuck so can I! What is it?”
“Chicken Teriyaki from the shop down there. I’m with you it’s not that nice but its food and I’m hungry. How is the little fella doing?”
“He’s fine well he’s more than fine he’s excited.”
“He looks happy to be back outside again... no wonder it’s such a nice day today. I’ll downwind which is over there as I think the smell is disturbing the wolf.”
“Haha ok”
I looked at the man with the foul smelling meal and I returned to running around the cage.
The girl turned to the man, “When are the biologists coming?”
“Less than 30 minutes...I was hoping to get the wolf in the travel cage while he was still drowsy but obviously there’s no chance now. Oh Jess I’ve written the notes for today’s operations they’re on the table in reception.”
“Oh ok”
I watched the two people leave the garden. I rolled on my back and I watched the sky and all the clouds...

Vets POV

I finished off my meal with disappointment. I decided to endure the next 30 minutes by checking the other patients and make sure they’re ok. I returned to the reception area to find the biologists waiting.
“Please can you come sit down in my office there are things we must discuss.”
One of the biologists replied, “If you must...lead the way.”
I sat them down in the office and I immediately started talking.
“As you know we spoke over the phone and yes the payment for the operations that you were required to pay has come through without a problem. However this is not what I wanted to talk to you about. It’s the wolf and your little escapee. I will only give you back the wolf If you promise not to sell the frequencies to poachers.”
“As we said before we won’t do that again...we’ve seen the value of the wolf and its uniqueness. All we want to do is film it in the wild.”
“What about the collar, how did it get on him in the first place?”
“Well we realised there was a pack in the area we were given and we needed to get close enough but my friend here spotted this wolf who was charging for us so we had to shoot him. Luckily it was loaded with the dart so we decided to just put it on him. He did his job of giving us the general location of the pack. I know we’re supposed to put it on the alpha but to be honest we couldn’t get close enough because of him.”
“Well that settles things. Ok you can have the wolf back he’s being loaded into the cage by Jess but I have a feeling she might need some help. Just remember If you do anything bad to that wolf we will go to the Animal Welfare people and they will put you out of a job.”
“Ok”
We all went to where we had put the wolf and to my amazement Jess had already put the wolf in the cage.
“How did you do that?”
“He trusts me... so he just walked in when I dangled a piece of meat inside.”
I watched him as he happily chewed on his bit of meat, completely oblivious to everyone outside.

The two scientists loaded the wolf onto their truck and he eventually realised something was going on. The truck blurted into life and I held onto Jess. She seemed upset along with the wolf who started whimpering. The truck started moving and a tear ran down her eye.
“Look Jess. I’m sorry but this is one of the lessons you must learn. You can’t form bonds with patients otherwise you can’t let them go. Be strong...everyone must deal with it at some point.”
I lead Jess back into the building and I made her a cup of coffee.
“Back to work I guess.”
“I guess... but I won’t forget him...I’ll see him again soon. I know I will.”
I was slightly frustrated at her. She wasn’t letting go but I stopped to remember myself when I started. I grew attached to a small puppy and it hurt me so much when I gave it back to his owner. I decided to stop talking and I just sat there comforting her...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:09 am

Aw poor Jess! At least she will be a great vet someday.
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2