Golden Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel"

3 posters

Go down

Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel" Empty Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel"

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 am

Well, I read some stories and decided to give it a go. However, It might not end pretty.
It's Dawn. Soggy, cold dawn.
Duskang awoke with a start. He rembered almost nothing about what his nightmare was again, like every other night. He hated Dawns, it brought painful memories the mere mention of the word "Dawn" why? It's a long story.
(From Duskfang's point of view) I Don't remember much of my younger years, I try to forget them. It all started one usual day In Summer. I was watching the world, or at least as much I could see of it, with my brother...D..D.
sigh, Dawnfang. Anyway I was staring at the cliff, like every other day, when he asked me a question, well, it seemed like a question at the time, but the effect of it would affect me to this very day, and I suspect for the rest my life. "Would'nt it be awesome to see what was at the end of that horizon? and then at the end of the next?" He asked me. I answered like I answered like most questions my younger brother asked me. "I don't know. But I will find out one day." Things went downhill from there.

Last edited by Duskfang on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel" Empty Re: Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel"

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:12 am

Sorry for double posting, but this story thing has got me excited.
"That's what you always say!" He whined. "Yeah, but it doesn't mean I wont do it, so shut up" I replied.
He glared at me with the beatiful blue eyes he had gotten from...huh, I can't even remember my mother's name.
I'm pretty sure it started with an E however. Anyway he stared at me with those eyes, with always made me jelaous. My father told me I had black eyes, like my grandparents before me, put in my father's words: "Big, black eyes that seem to stare at your very soul" Very corny, isn't it? Anyway, he started teasing me, acting like he was older than me while he had been born only last year. It made me so mad.
I tackled it. I was just furious at the thought that he could even attempt to speak like that to me, since my dad always said to respect your elders, but rules somehow seemed to bend around my brother. It jsut made me even angrier. I remember a flash of teeth, A sound like an old wolve's bones being slowly grinded against each other, And then, falling. I felt horrible,sharp pain on my back right leg, wondered if this how death felt like, and then, nothing.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel" Empty Re: Duskfang"s Story "The tale of an unexpected Sentinel"

Post  Blitz Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:22 am

nice story Duskfang! wow Dawnfang is not to nice is he?

Last edited by Blitz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Blitz
Blitz
Pup

http://mysticacademy.heavenforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 am

Again, sorry for triple posting, but by now I am totally hooked.

I woke up. I remembered things before that had seemed like unimportant things at the moment. I remembered a huge slab of rock fall, the ground getting closer and closer, and by brother's big, blue eyes. I tried to get up slowly, but the pain in my back leg was too painfull. I tried to call for help, and there I saw it.
My brother, red water spewing out of him.Motionless.
"Dawnie? Dawnie!? Answer me!!" I started to sob, I couldn't believe it. One moment full of health, and the next stolen by death.
How cruel life is.
I called even stronger this time, but then I remembered what my father did when he went hunting and wanted to find his way home. I howled. I was hoping to see dad, or mom, but when I turned to look at a new scent, I gasped.
It was another pack. My wounds were licked, and they temporarily took me in. They were kinder than either of my parents were ever to me. They had a smaller pack than my parents, who were well over 17, and rapidly increasing.
They contacted my parents when I was well enough to walk, and my daydream of welcoming me with open arms, and therefore my childhood, were to be destroyed forever.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:24 am

Thanks! No, but he wasn't that bad, he was just being a pup, like every other brother, they would tend to fight over little arguments. I'll probably write the rest of the story tomorrow. I got a slight writer's block.
(Not the next part, but the part after that)
PS: this is my first story, and I should have started earlier. It's so much fun.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitz Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:28 am

aww.... poor Duskfang.... there was a shout and bang and! gone..... (shadow: who does it remind you of? me: GO BACK TO THE BOX YOU EVIL EVIL DOG!!!) lol never mind Shadow she is Blitz alter ego...I will explain later on ok?
Blitz
Blitz
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:50 am

ok Blitz, and I have to give credit to these people for giving me (nonexistent) ideas: Paddie, Sparrow, Blitz. Thanks for nothing (Again that was mean sorry) anyway:

"Were's your brother?" My father asked me. I had to say I was shocked. I was expecting something along the lines of "Son! glad to see you're alive!" or something like that. I couln't speak to him. I wanted so bad to curl up and dissapear. How could I tell him my younger brother was dead, even so, more by my fault? I should have know I was too close to the edge. I had been to impulsive. That was the last time since now that I have used that word to describe me.
My mother came, she asked me the same question, and still I did not answered. My father catched on. I would have understood with some yelling and reprimanding, but he did something I've never expected would ever happen to me.
When I heard it I looked at my mother. She looked at me in anguish, and then, my brain processed it.
"Son, you are hereby exiled of the Wolfcreek pack" He said to me. 9 simple words had destroyed the life as I knew it forever.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitz Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:55 am

*gaspes* No not that! poor duskfang..... Sad I know what that is like.......
Blitz
Blitz
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 am

Well, at least I'm not alone (Thanks to Blitz for reviewing my story)
Birds sang, the gentle forest breeze woke me up. I was still in shock of what had happened before, and I had a lot of time to think, thanks to a dead elk I found near this old den, mostly clean but it still has some scraps. I had to steal from foxes. How low had I sunk? I decided then that I was too dangerous for wolves, since I had killed my brother. How could I even live with that? I drifted aimlessly trhought the forest. I don't know when I noticed, but I heard a dry leaf break and suddenly tensed. I panicked slightly, but calmed down, and snarled to warn a would-be predator. I looked around and I spotted it. Humans. in the forest. And it had a Shiny stick with a dark hole in the middle. The humans called it a gun. I heard them mumble something, something about endangered, but I did'nt know that then. All I knew then that It was over. I closed my eyes, and waited for the eternal shroud of death to envelop me in its cold, loving arms.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitz Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 am

NO DON'T DIE!!!! shadow: Rolling Eyes me: no don't do that bad puppy! shadow: I am not a puppy!
Blitz
Blitz
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:26 am

"I closed my eyes, and waited for the eternal shroud of death to envelop me in its cold, loving arms."

Thats such a sad but beutiful phrase. I love it and i love your story too its great!
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:28 am

Thanks Paddie!
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:39 am

I waited for what seemed like hours. The men whispered amongst themselves, not knowing what to do. I mentally yelled "Just get it over with!" But that shot never came. Instead they took out another shiny stick, put something sharp into it, and I heard a click, as the world swirled around me, My last thoughts were:
"Ahh, right on the bad leg" Then I was a wildwolf no more.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitz Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 am

wow! cliffy! .....are you going to the zoo? or the pound?
Blitz
Blitz
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:51 am

Um, I dunno. Ill go along with it.
I awoke. I had a vague recolection of what happened last time. "Huh, got knocked out for the second time" was the first thing that crossed my mind. Then:"oh wait only once, I died , at least I think I did." I studied my sorroundings. The place felt strange, And thats when I noticed that there were humans apparently on top of trees. I went to check on them, but I couldn't. I hit myself against a hard surface. I tried the four other directions. No dice. I was stuck there. I was dead? I started to think otherwise.
The days flew by, and I met the rest of the "pack" There was Jack, a small wolf who had assumed the position of the leader; Kipper, who was constantly made fun of, and my closest friend there. There was two more, but I cant remember their names. Let's call them Rocky and Jane. I have no better names. Anyway, I escaped from that zoo eventually, but that's another story altogether.
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:57 am

The zoo I remember more clearly, but It's a bit long. It involves quick skill, cunning, and the janitor accidentally leaving the door open on a monday. Anyway after leaving we went our separate ways, And I drifted aimlessly. I still am, since then nothing has changed, except that on the zoo I heard mentions of another Wolf who looked like me, but with Blue eyes. As you know I escaped after that, but I have no doubts that is my brother. He could still be alive. He must be. And wherever he is, I must find him.(Back to narrator's point of view)
Duskfang gets up and devours the rest of his kill that he made yesterday. He sniffs the air and caughts a scent on the wolf, and chases after it. What he doesn't know is that a few feet close to him was a sign, that read in old letters: Golden Creek.

Last edited by Duskfang on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitz Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:17 am

cool! and I guess that is the golden creek pack? shadow: yes. me: hey shush your mouth we don't know that yet.
Blitz
Blitz
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duskfang Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 pm

..........DARN WRITER'S BLOCK!!!.............................. (yes blitz that is Golden Creek Pack)
Ill write more when I get ideas, or I could copy the part in the Pack Roleplay, I dont know.
Eh, what the heck.(Im just writing what happened at Pack Roleplay. Don't sue me!)
Duskfang decides to get up. Finally, he goes around, and with some calculations, manages to catch an elderly deer.
He is eating, preparing for another trip, when he spots a wolf looking at himself in a pond. He looked hungry, wounded, and defeated. Duskfang was about to call on him, but he spots a pup near him and decides to tear off a part of the leg and throw it in that direction. The pup looks at him, and comes over to talk. He understands some of what the pup talks. He introduces himself, and learns that the "pup" by her definitions is not a pup at all, which confuses Duskfang. He does learn her name however."Nice to meet you Red"
While speaking to Red, he hears a very distinctive loud noise, followed by someone yelling "WHAT WAS THAT!?!?"
(Yay Blitz enters story) and decides to follow it, but before he can go, he spots the first wolf, the one that was looking at himself at the pond, and asks Duskfang sternly:"Who are you? and what are you doing here?" He looks at the wolf. He seemed a bit weak, but he was trying his best to hide it. Duskfang calculated that he was no threat to him and replied:"My name is Duskfang, and I am passing by. Hey by the way did you hear that sound before? He asks the wolf"
I'm lazy. Anything else you want to find out about how I joined the Pack, you can read in the Pack roleplay section.

Last edited by Duskfang on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Duskfang
Duskfang
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddie paw Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Nice story (i know we've already covered it but its all good still.)
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down