Golden Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story contest

5 posters

Go down

Story contest Empty Story contest

Post  Sparrow Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:11 am

Post your story contest entries here..
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

http://midnight-freedom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Story contest Empty Re: Story contest

Post  Sakura Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:43 am

Around dawn, Sunclaw notices Sparrow nudge Ralf then walk out of the pack den and follows her when she is sure that she is far enough that Sparrow will now scent her. Then she follows Sparrow into the meadow, making sure she stays hidden in the tall grass, which is yellow now. Her white pelt almost blends in with the grass. She watches Sparrow sneak towards a calf and give chase. She almost wanted to walk out and say, Nice job, Sparrow! Couldn't have done better myself, only then she would have to come up with an explanation about why she was following Sparrow in the first place. And she didn't want to seem. . . nosy, or anything. This was her first pack and she didn't want to blow it like she did with her first pack. . . All the same her paws itched with earning to go out and congratulate Sparrow, when a thought hit her. Why did she sneak off just to go hunting. . . And why isn't anyone with her? I guess I should stay hidden and find out. Sunclaw watched as Sparrow chased the elk and trap it under her paws, then kill it with one fateful bite...

Sunclaw didn't notice her mouth drop. She was to busy processing what Sparrow just did. A moment later Sparrow tore off across the meadow, in the opposite direction of the pack den! Just then she remembered she was following Sparrow. So she silently ran across the clearing, making sure she was hidden in the grass, the direction Sparrow ran.

Sunclaw silently followed Sparrow as they ran through the woods winding their way over creeks and streams and around trees until they came to a small den a few miles away from the pack's den. Sparrow looked around then carried the meat inside of it.

Sunclaw paused at the entrance of the den. Should I go in? She thought. She watched Sparrow inside the den.

Sunclaw heard Sparrow curl up in the back of the den and begin to eat the meat.
Good. She doesn't notice me. . yet.
Sunclaw's eyes opened in terror as Sparrow got up and started walking towards her. She panicked as she looked around for a place to hide. My white fur won't blend in with anything, She realized. "You caught me" Sunclaw guilty murmured as she walked in. "Why are you here, anyway?"

Sparrow stopped and looked at her. She froze and stared at her wide eyed for a few moments. She looked away. I.. I.. she sighed, I can't tell you... She turned around laid back down and nibbled the elk meat.

You don't have to. Its fine, Sunclaw mumbled. Your secret is safe with me, whatever that secret is. I'll just stay at the entrance, so just say so when you need me. . .

Sparrow looked up at Sunclaw and half smiled. She pushed the meat away and lay her head down on her paws, slowly falling asleep.

Sunclaw smiled back as she turned around and, silently, walked towards the entrance.

It slowly starts getting darker out....

The next morning, Sunclaw was still outside, guarding the entrance. Even though she didn't sleep a wink the night before, she still had loads of energy. She was glad that she kept Sparrow's secret, even though she didn't know it. She watched the woodlands outside of the den, making sure nothing disturbed Sparrow's sleep.

Sunclaw watched as Sparrow brushed past her and walked to the stream. Sunclaw trotted over to the stream lapped up some of the ice-cold water. Then she stepped on one of the stones. Sunclaw tested the water with her front paw before continuing on.

After her fur had warmed up Sparrow headed on threw the woods to the pack den. She was anxious to see her pack after being away the day before.

Sunclaw looked around. It was way past the time she usually got up. Suddenly she felt very. . . tired. She almost forgot she didn't sleep a wink the night before, but she didn't want to spend the whole day... sleeping. It was a nice day out, and she didn't want to miss it. So she decided to hunt. Hunting always woke her up. She headed off towards the meadows.

Two hares and an elk later Sunclaw wasn't as tired anymore. She dragged the elk into some bushes outside of Sparrow's den and dropped one of the hares in the center of the den. The other hare Sunclaw ate. Then she went to the creek and tried to fish.

Sunclaw waited for a fish to swim by. She saw a flash of green and hooks her paw around it and it flies out. So far, so good, she thought. The fish jumped up and back in to the water. Great. I'm glad I'm alone, otherwise that would be embarrassing, she thought. Five unsuccessful tries later, Sunclaw gave up and rested head on her paws.

Suddently, there is a splash and a light green fish jumps up onto one of the rocks. Sunclaw lifts her head at the noise and, ears perked, slowly gets up. She sticks her nose into the fish and the fish doesn't move. Weird, She thought. She looked around to see how that happened, but nothing was out of the ordinary. Eyeing the fish, Sunclaw forced herself to try again. You can do it, you can do it, she thought as she looked into the creek. Remembering to keep her shadow from falling on the water, she saw a flash of silver. Wait for it. . Wait for it.. Now! Her paw quickly dove into the water and hooked around the fish, flicking it into the air and on the rock next to her. Yes! she thought as she devoured it.

Sparrow wakes up and looks around but seeing no one is around she lays her head back down and closes her eyes.

Remembering the strange silver fish, Sunclaw picked it up and dropped it in Sparrow's den with the hare she put in there earlier. Then Sunclaw trotted back to the pack den, feeling satisfied that she did enough for the day.

Last edited by Sunclaw on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit more later)
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

http://realmofhope.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralf Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:59 am

nice story sunclaw
Ralf
Ralf
Pup

http://dogsgonewild.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:55 am

thanks i'm going to edit it so it's in Sunclaw's POV... I'll probably do that part-by-part, since its a long post...
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Story contest Empty Paddfoots story - the moments before becoming part of the pack

Post  Paddie paw Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:16 am

At a young age Paddfoot had always been the curious type, especially with his surroundings. Unfortunately this caused many problems for him and his birth pack as he exposed them to many dangers such as other packs and even humans. Eventually, after they taught him how to hunt, they removed him from the pack, casting him aside like he was diseased. He was absolutely distraught with their decision but after a while Paddfoot learnt that following the pack was only going leave him injured so he wandered off into the forest. He spent the next five weeks by himself, eventually understanding why they disowned him. He was able to hunt effectively and he discovered his ability of nearly endless energy, able to outrun most other animals. Not with speed but with stamina. This proved very useful to his survival...

One evening he was stalking an elk. He followed it silently, ears pert and tail low. He waited then leaped out of the bushes and sprinted at the elk. It bolted. He followed and stayed just behind it, occasionally biting its flank. He waited for the right moment, just following... then he ran up beside it, leaped into the air and brought the beast down by the neck. He bit down hard killing it instantly. He was satisfied with his kill until he looked up and realised he was in a strange new area. He lowered his muzzle to the ground and sniffed out the new area. He found scents new to him. There seemed to be many of them all scattered around the area. Scared but in a strange way excited he followed these new scents and explored the area.

He ended up at a large tree where he decided to head back to his own den but something stopped him from moving. He felt like he was being watched. He looked around and saw two wolves growling at him. Their tails were upright and they showed their fangs. They started to bark at him. Paddfoot then heard more barking from some distance behind him. He felt trapped he couldn’t fight them off and there was no where he could run to without having to pass one of them. Fearing for the worst he dived at the wolf which emerged from left of him. Paddfoot jumped at the wolf and he dodged out the way. The wolves pursued Paddfoot relentlessly. They dodged every tree, jumped over every log and squeezed through small cracks. However some of the wolves dropped out of the chase exhausted. Paddfoot then realised that he had run out of space. He met a rather large cliff edge. This moment of hesitation was enough for the alpha male to bite Paddfoot on the rear leg. Paddfoot yelped in pain and slipped. He fell off the cliff and into the river and smacked his head on the river bed. Paddfoot was stunned. He couldn’t move, all he could do is follow his instincts and stay afloat.

The current lessened, his feet landed on the river bed. Lost and confused Paddfoot followed the stream until he found a way out which was near the creek. He limped out of the creek, each step was a pain to him. He followed his feet until he found himself at another den. He was confronted by two wolves. He fell to the floor dazed, wounded and exhausted. He lay there and thought of times past...
Paddie paw
Paddie paw
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralf Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 pm

good story Paddfoot
Ralf
Ralf
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Is it okay if i like use a fan submission? It was my story for GDW and GNG but using Mist.
Reika
Reika
Admin

http://tbonecreek.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 pm

I think it just has to be about wolves, but then again I usually skip over the fine print in books... Oh BTW nice story Paddfoot. :mrgreen: (I miss Mr. Green.. Crying or Very sad )
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:40 am

Ok I will have the contest last a little longer... I have yet to come up with prizes for it. If you have any suggestions for prizes PM them to me.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok this contest has been going on for a while. So by the end of today it will be closed. Tomorrow we will vote for the winner.

***Note, Kurotora made an entry as well in Updates and annoucments, where i was talking about the story contest.***
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reika Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 pm

uh oh i guess i should enter now -has been thinking- ill use a fan submission.

Weed crouched low to the ground. The silver and white tora-ge (tiger striped) akita hid in the bushes. He saw a large deer in front of him, and he wanted nothing more than to taste the buck for the first time. His mother, Sakura (aka: cherry blossums), had taught him to hunt before she got sick.

Weed dashed forward and began to spin. He slammed harshly into the buck, making it fall over and sputter one last breath. Weed dug immediatly into the buck, tearing the delicious meat off and feeling warmth sep back into his body. He yawned and stretched with a smile. "Well, now to take some to mother." He said tearing off a leg.

He walked back towards their den underneath the small house in the forest and dropped the leg. "Mother I brought a meal." He said scooting it towards his mother. The white akita-inu/kishu-inu mix smiled. "Thank you Weed." She said eating the buck. Weed smiled. "Is it good?" He asked, wagging his curly tail. Sakura nodded. "Thanks Weed." She said yawning. Weed got up and walked out of the den after dipping his head to his mother.

He walked towards a nearby mountain, Ohu. He was greeted by three friends. GB, a black and white spotted english setter, Mel, a young male golden retriever pup and Reika, a large red and white akita-inu. Weed smiled. "Greetings everyone." He said. Reika smiled and dipped her head. "Greetings leader." She replied. GB and Mel dipped their heads and said "Hiya Weed."

ack its boring. i know but hey, thats my submission.
Reika
Reika
Admin

http://tbonecreek.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:04 am

Nice, Reika. Sunclaw likee. Cool
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:20 am

Ok the prize for the winner will be either 1 or 2 gold peices.. I am already making avvies for you guys so.. I just had to give you guys somethin else. Also I still need Ralf's filled out forum.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralf Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:31 am

My filled out form for what
Ralf
Ralf
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrow Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:20 am

Sorry that was a while ago.. as in before I knew you didn't want an Avatar. I think that is the 'forum' I posted about...
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down